Today at work was the Marketing and Communication departments Day of Caring, where we all made the trek over to Seattle to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House affiliated with Children's Hospital. Our task was to paint a mural in the workout room. It turned out fantastic, if we do say so ourselves.
At several points throughout the day, in between the laughter, talking shop, and doing all the catching up we don't have time to do during the work day, there were periods of quiet that came over the room. I couldn't help but think everyone else was thinking and reflecting just like I was. I couldn't help but feel lucky to have a healthy, happy, boisterous child that is full of life and energy. I can't imagine being in the position of those families -- miles away from home, dealing with major health issues that no child (over parent for that matter) should ever have to deal with. A big reminder that sometimes life isn't fair. And a reminder of how blessed we are.
No comments:
Post a Comment