Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 31, 2009

Pacific Beach

This weekend, we were supposed to meet up with the family from California at Pacific Beach. We were excited to celebrate Corbin and Ainsley's 1st birthdays with them, but Pete got sick so they all packed up and headed home. Not ones to miss an opportunity to get together, the family all came to our house for dinner. Even though they headed back to CA, we still had reservations for a cottage in Seabrook for the weekend. Mike decided to stay back to finish up the last of the house projects, so Corbin and I headed to the beach with Peg, Wes, the girls and Grams.


A few of the highlights:
  • Sydney rolled a ball & put on her shoes all by herself for the first time. We're all very proud of her.
  • I figured out how to make a bathroom stop while on a road trip as a single parent. It took a lot of Purell, and hopefully he's no worse for wear.
  • Corbin had a tough time sleeping once he realized his crib was right next to my bed. I gave up and pulled him in bed with me. I was awakened by Corbin kissing me on the cheek. It was the sweetest thing ever!
It was our first time staying at Seabrook, and loved it. We've decided to make it an annual event.

No comments: