Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Corbin learns to wave @ Nana's 95th B-day!




Corbin loved hanging out with Nana on Friday night and playing with her shoes. I think the feeling was mutual.

This weekend, Mike, Corbin, Mom, Peg and I venture down to Sacramento by way of San Francisco to join the extended family and friends to help celebrate Nana's 95th Birthday. It goes without saying that it was wonderful to see all of the family in one place, but to see Nana enjoy having her entire family surrounding her took the cake. During the big formal family picture, Corbin let out with a couple "Ba Boo Ba Boos" and "Da Das" and got everyone laughing.

And now for the things about traveling with a baby only other mothers will love....

So this is necessarily travel related, but Corbin learned how to wave at people while on our trip. I haven't gotten a picture of him doing it yet, so thought I'd put a picture of him standing up on the ottoman, another of his new tricks.

I scheduled our flights during naptime (at least what his naptime was 6 weeks ago when I bought the tickets) in the hopes of not having "that baby" on the airplanes. I'm happy to say that the plan worked and he slept both ways.


At the birthday dinner, I asked for a mug of hot water to heat up Corbin's bottle. The water came in a pitcher. The things you do when the comforts of home just aren't in sight. This was right after I had to change his poopy diaper and put on his PJ's in the corner of the room, because there was no changing table in the bathroom. I hope it didn't take anyone's appetite away. :(

We took advantage of some free time and went wine tasting. Since Corbin had been held, in a car seat, or in his stroller for basically the past day straight, I thought I'd give him some floor time while we were sipping wine, since we were the only ones in the tasting room. He had a better idea. He sat down, and dropped a deuce. Of course, I had to capture a picture. I'm pretty sure he's thinking, "Are you really taking a picture of this?"

No comments: