Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

5 Goals for Fall

I was tagged by my friend Natalie to do a post about my 5 Goals for Fall.  Hmmm, I don't think I've ever thought about Fall like that.  Here goes nothing....

1) Sort through all of the baby clothes we have, which involves cleaning out 2 different closets.  We'll find out what we're having on Nov. 17 so it'll be either put away or give away. 

2) Resume my weekly Hot Cocoa Date with Corbin.  We did this last Winter and Spring every Saturday before grocery shopping (he's my grocery shopping buddy).  When the summer hit, we traded this for a near weekly trip to our favorite ice cream place, Theno's. 

3) Get all my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving.  I admit, I don't like going to the mall all that much unless I know exactly what I'm looking for.  Going to the mall during Christmas when you have to fight the crowds is even worse.  Getting it done before Thanksgiving also eliminates the need to ship any gifts to Montana.

4) Get out of our weekly menu rut.  Every weekend, I write what we're going to eat for dinner on each day of the week on our calendar, which also helps me make the grocery list.  In looking back over the last couple months, we seem to eat the same 5-6 meals every week.  I get many food magazines every month so there's no excuse to not make something new and fresh now and then.  Any great weekday recipes you'd like to share?

5) Get some sort of exercise several times a week.  When I first got pregnant, I just didn't have the energy to work out.  Now that I've gotten a bit of energy back it's time that I start to take better care of myself.

2 comments:

Natalie Naomi said...

Yay! I love the fall list. Those all sound like great goals. A few about you, others about C, perfect!

Hope you are doing well and feeling good.

KATIE RUSSELL said...

Good luck!