Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 - In the days leading up to it, I wondered if it was really going to happen. A week ago the rental house we were to move into had no carpet and no working bathrooms. Many things had to happen not only with the house, but to gather all the necessities of living. Our realtor/landlord promised the house would be ready on Tuesday. He also said they may be doing some finish work, but they'd work around me. Fair enough.

When I got here on Tuesday, there were no doors on the bedrooms or bathrooms, no door knobs on the exterior doors, nails/screws/power tools everywhere, and oh by the way, the furnace isn't working. It won't work until Wednesday. Perfect, I thought sarcastically. Not only that, the only thing working in the master bath is the sink, and the main bath's shower doesn't have any cold water flow so the showers are scalding. Even better. To top it off, the Elliotts are coming into town that night. Oh, and we're having Thanksgiving here on Thursday. At this point, getting a hotel room and making reservations at a restaurant for Thanksgiving was sounding dreamy. But, they worked diligently as I worked like a mad woman trying to get settled enough to pick up Corbin from day care and clean up all non-toddler friendly things under 3 feet. By mid-day on Wednesday it was beginning to feel quite cozy and Corbin was loving all the room to run since we have such little furniture.

Ironically, this Thanksgiving was one of the most relaxing in years. We had a great time playing with Corbin and watching him learn how to spin around and learn to say, gobble gobble. It sounds more like "Gogoo Gogoo". I'm very thankful I was able to spend this holiday with family as crazy as it was getting settled. And, I'm looking forward to spending 3 more days with my 2 boys. Tomorrow we're off to get our Christmas tree to continue making this interim house a home for the holidays.
A few pics of our day....


Our little guy pausing to watch the Macy's Parade.


Honk!

Showing us his muscles. Such strength!

No comments: