Mom hit the big 6-0 last week, and Peg & I couldn't let it go by without a big bash. What Mom thought was a day of eating brunch and wine tasting in Woodinville, turned out to be much, much more.
Mike, Corbin and I headed over to Peg's for brunch and had a great time watching Corbin play with his cousins. About 11:00, we headed out for some wine tasting while Mike & Wes stayed with the kids. First up, Chateau Ste. Michelle, then we headed to Brian Carter Cellars (a fave of both mom & I), to make sure we grabbed a taste of thier Abracadabera red blend. The next stop was Novelty Hill/Januik, where Aunt Sallee & Uncle Wayne just "happened" to be. They'd flown up from CA yesterday morning to be Surprise #1 for Mom. Boy was she surprised...I think her screech was heard from miles around. Next stop was Isenhower, and then to the warehouse district. Page Cellar's Single Vineyard Syrah is still a top choice.
After that, it was time to head back to Peg's where all of Mom's friends and co-workers were stashed. Surprise #2 went off without a hitch. It was so fun to catch up with all of Mom's good friends that I haven't seen in a while. Mike & Wes did a great job holding down the fort and luckily they didn't let in anyone we didn't know.
A few pictures from the fun day....
No comments:
Post a Comment