Our Family

Our Family

Monday, November 16, 2009

15 months come and gone


Corbin and I went to his 15 month well baby appointment today. He got a clean bill of health, despite his affinity for bananas. He's been known to have 2 bananas at dinner and nothing else. He'll sit in his high chair and say, "anana" quite clearly until there is one on his tray. His new stats are:
  • 26.7 lbs. (75th percentile)
  • 32.8 inches (90th percentile).
  • Still has a big head (I don't remember the size). Good news is it's growing proportionately to his body, so there's no worries there. Except, he may be too smart for his own good.

Some of his new tricks are

  • Running -- he gets about 3 steps in and then falls on his face
  • Trying to talk more and more. He says wow, uh oh, anana, done, and he tries to say "please". It comes out "eets"
  • Has learned to wipe his face after eating. Yesterday we went to Red Robin for lunch with our cousins. He looked at me, said "done" and in the time it took me to get the wipes out of the bag, he took his sock and shoe off and started wiping his mouth with his sock. I wasn't sure if I should encourage this one or not. Instead I laughed.
  • Signs "please"
  • Steals Grandpa Clyde's napkin off his lap at dinner time. Every night. Apparently ours aren't as cool as his, as he only steals Clyde's. Every now and then he gives it back. He's quite generous. Maybe Clyde leaves food for him. Hmmmmm.
  • He's also discovered that when there's dessert around, more than just Mom & Dad have it. He works the room until all plates are empty. Afterall, who can resist a cute 15 month old signing "more" or "please"?

No comments: