He is really flourishing in his swimming lessons wants to swim any chance he can and loves sharks. Garrett is extremely lucky to have a big brother that adores him as much as Corbin. Just last night, Garrett walked from a toy to Corbin for the first time, arms out wide and smiling from ear to ear. Corbin's eyes lit up as Garrett fell in to his arms.
Corbin's questions and comments continue to keep us on our toes and allow us to perfect our ability to answer funny questions with a straight face. Look out Garrett; if your brother keeps this up we will be pros by the time you are 4.
Corbin-ism catch up:
Setting: In a bathroom stall at Disneyland. A bathroom that echoed, or at least it felt like it to me.
Corbin, "Man, it really stinks in here."
Me, "Yes, sometimes bathrooms stink."
Corbin, "I think somebody pooped. Why didn't they just wait 'til they got home?"
Me, "That is a great question."
Setting: Brushing his teeth with Mike.
Corbin, "Daddy, why aren't our butts in front?"
He quickly got distracted so Mike skated without having to come up with a fact based 4-year old friendly answer. Knowing this question is likely going to come up again since it wasn't answered, I asked Mike for his wisdom after the kids where in bed. His answer? "Because you use your penis more often, so God put our butts in back as a convenience factor."
Setting: Snuggle time before bed.
Corbin, "How come the word 'rainbow' has the word 'bow' in it when there are no bows on a rainbow?
Me, "Because the word 'bow' can also be used to describe something that bends, and a rainbow bends."
Corbin "No it doesn't, it just goes, pssssht [puts his hand in the air in an arc]."
Me, "Oh."
Setting: Snuggle time again after a LOOOONG day.
Corbin, "Why don't you have a Daddy, Mommy?"
Me, "Well, I do, he is just with the angels now."
Corbin, "You mean he's dead?"
Me, "Well, yes."
Corbin, "why did he die?"
Me: I was thinking, 'crap I so am not prepared for this conversation right now. But here goes nothin'. "He didn't take care of himself so was very sick."
Corbin "You mean he ate a bunch of sometimes food and didn't excercise?"
Me, "Exactly."
Corbin, "Why don't you just go to the Man Store and get a new Dad?" I must say, he thinks there is a specific store for everything, a Bike Store, a Food Store, a Vegetable Store (Farmer's Market), etc.
Me, "Most people only have 1 Dad in their life. Some people have 2 Dads, but I only had 1."
Corbin, "Okay, good night."
Me, "Good night." I was thinking, "PHEW!"
| The building of the airplane |
| Such focus |
| Gotta get that sawdust out of the way. |
| One of my favorite smiles ever! |
1 comment:
I chuckled out loud at the bathroom comment. So true! Tell Corbin thanks for my flower. It's sitting in my window sill.
Post a Comment