Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Nana B's Birthday

This past weekend, Corbin and I flew down to California to celebrate Nana B's Birthday.  I truly hope that I age as gracefully as she.  She is definitely old enough to brag about her age and young enough to push it aside and act 20 years younger.  Not only was it wonderful to spend 2 full days with Corbin, I met 2 new cousins, Baby Kayla and Baby Victoria, and caught up with numerous other family.  

While our visit was short, it was full of memories.  In our family, it is common for the kids to put on a show after dinner.  It is something that both my mom's and my generation did.  Without prompting, Corbin & Ainsley asked if they could do a show.  How could we say no?  They did some gymnastics, some hula hoop, and ran as fast as they could.  

Corbin and Ainsley also thought that Nana B was the coolest person around.  They would randomly start chanthing, "Na-na B! Na-na B!"  They also learned that when at Aunt Sallee's house, never question dessert.  Just know it is likely going to have chocolate and it is going to be good.  

Can't wait til next year!
Kayla, in what can only be described as a look her Dad would give.

Victoria Scarlet.  What a sweet baby!

strutting his stuff!

The guest of honor with the kiddos.  She popped bubbles for them for what seemed like forever.  I'm constantly impressed by her energy!

Mom, Nana and Aunt Bets.  

Their show.  Ainsley loved the spotlight, Corbin got a bit shy.  


No comments: