Every night at bedtime, Corbin gets some snuggle time, and chooses one of us to snuggle with him. Last Friday night was Mike's turn -- a change from previous routines. Snuggle time with Corbin isn't as much about actually snuggling as it is about listening to him tell us what he would like added to his Birthday list. That's right - his birthday, in August. This has been a topic of conversation since Christmas.
Anyway, on this particular evening Corbin asked Mike if he could do a project with him in the garage the next day. Of course the answer was a resounding "yes!" Apparently, Corbin had asked to measure nails and make a rocket. I figured Mike would gather some wood scraps and put together some time of Rocket. I was wrong. Mike response was, "Well, what kind of rocket would it be if it can't actually fly?" First thing Saturday morning, those two were off to the Hobby Shop.
Later that afternoon, a rocket had been assembled. Corbin's commentary was that it was a fun project but it was "dumb" when Daddy got mad and said, "Geez!" Thank goodness that is all Daddy said!
Corbin is now eagerly awaiting the first non-raining day where he can launch his rocket. That day just might come this weekend if the weather forecast is correct. Stay tuned....
Corbin-ism:
Setting: A Saturday afternoon when Garrett had been getting into and exploring EVERYTHING, including the toilets, the trash, the pots and pans and of course climbing stairs as soon as I am in a position I can't grab him right away. (NOTE: yes, we have gates & cupboard locks. We also have a VERY fast, very curious 10 month old and a 4 year old that forgets to close the gate).
Corbin: "Mommy, you don't have just say No all day long."
Me: "It's not that I want to say No all day long, Garrett is exploring his surroundings and hasn't learned what he can and can't get into yet. This to shall pass."
Corbin, "But Mommy Garrett doesn't know what No means."
Me: " I know, but he will soon enough."
No comments:
Post a Comment