Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy 10th Month, Baby Garrett




Just the other day I realized I'd better set a date and begin thinking about Garrett's 1st Birthday party.  In that process, I realized that he won't be "Baby Garrett" for too much longer.  I will try not to call him "Baby", but I am making no promises that I will be successful.  These last 10 months have gone way too fast -- much faster than Corbin's first year.

This last month Garrett has learned so many new tricks, including clapping and waving.  Both are incredibly cute as he does them with his big, scrunchy nose smile that shows off his 4 teeth just peeking through.  He's mobile, curious, and love to chew on the blue nasal aspirator from the hospital.  It is by far his favorite toy, despite our best attempts at luring him to the cool blocks, stuffed animals, or anything else we can find.  The good news is, Corbin loves all of Garrett's baby toys so at least they are getting used.  

Getting around the house is getting easier for Garrett, and harder for Mike & I to keep an eye on him.  He's not interested in crumbs or other items on our floors -- thank goodness since these are plentiful these days.  He'd rather eat night lights and cords from lamps, which has resulted in more than one furniture swap to help block him from such things.  Much to Mike's dismay, he has figured out how to open the stereo cabinet doors.  The same doors Corbin didn't figure out until he was old enough to know better.  I don't know how many times we utter, "Baby Garrett, you're in to EVERYTHING!"

What a joy it has been watching him learn new tricks and become more of an interactive toddler and less of a baby everyday.  His personality (and opinions...) is beginning to shine through. 


No comments: