Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Taking nesting to a whole new level

Last weekend, after being snowed in for a week, we were a bit stir crazy.  While sitting around Saturday morning eating breakfast and planning out the weekend, since we were actually going to be able to leave the house, we hear a ripping sound come from the bathroom.  Never good when there's a kid in there.  Not a moment later, Corbin came running out with a rather large strip of wallpaper and said, "Look Mommy, now you can paint!"

I admit, the wallpaper in that bathroom has bothered me since the day we moved in, and he's probably heard me talk about ripping it down several times.  After a few minutes went by, I couldn't resist the tempation and ventured in the bathroom to see how easily the paper would be removed.  It tore rather easily, and I was hooked.  About half way through when I declared we were officially moving forward with the bathroom remodel, Mike said, "I knew you were nesting, but this is taking it to a whole new level."

Corbin and I spent a good part of the weekend tearing down the wallpaper.  He was a great helper, and even brought his tool bag into the bathroom so he'd have the right tool for the job.  Daddy has taught him well!  He kept telling me he was a "fire helper" because he was wearing red pajamas and that is the color of fire. 

Fast forward to today: fixtures, faucet, sink and medicine cabinet are purchased.  Mike has a cut list and plans for a vanity cabinet, and the granite for the counter has been selected.  The goal is to complete the bathroom before baby comes. 



No comments: