When we had Corbin's 3 year check up at the pediatrician's office, I'd asked her when we should start potty training at night. She simply said, "You'll know when he's ready." Hmmm.....thanks for that!
About a month ago, Corbin woke up with a dry pull up. He asked if we could then sleep in big boy pants. I told him he needed to have a dry pull up for 7 days in a row. I figured it was a long shot. Corbin out smarted me. And in the last week, he did it. Tonight, he is in bed in big boy underwear. We're very proud of him, and also a little scared for what tonight may bring.
Speaking of milestones, some catch up Corbin-ism's
Setting: Our nightly reading before bed.
Mike: "What letter is that?"
Corbin: "D"
M, "What sound does it make?"
C, "Du, du"
M, "Good, and what word starts with D?"
C: "Du-Penguin!" he then grinned sheepishly to see if we picked up on his joke.
Setting: Dinner a few nights ago, but I can't remember what the topic was we were talking about.
Me: "No, Mike you're wrong."
Mike, sarcastically, "I'm never wrong."
Corbin chimed in, "Well, let's just pretend that you are wrong, Daddy."
No comments:
Post a Comment