Gearing Corbin up for Christmas was a blast. Not only do I feel lucky to have so much family around to help make the holidays fun (if not a bit rowdy), but also the means to help make the magic happen for Corbin.
First up...Montana
The weekend before Christmas we made our annual trek to Montana for the Elliott Family Christmas. It was unseasonably warm this year with very little snow, but we made the most of it anyway.
One thing I didn't get any picture of was a sleigh ride at a nearby Ranch. It was pulled by 4 horses and was a great way to celebrate the season and was filled with Corbin-isms. About 1/2 way through, Corbin leaned forward to look at the horses; leaned back and said, "Wow, Mommy. Those horses have BIG butts!" When we got off of the sleigh ride, one of the horses peed. I saw this as a teaching moment and proceeded to explain to Corbin why we don't eat snow, especially yellow snow. About this time, Mike was rolling his eyes at me. I don't remember exactly what I said, but Corbin's response was, "That horse has something pink on his pee pee." I started to giggle, trying not to let Corbin see my response. Mike quickly picked him up, said, "Yep!" and walked away. Well done Daddy, well done.
 |
| In our room, there was a small tree that had no ornaments. So, Corbin and Ya Ya got crafty. |
 |
| Of all the gifts, Corbin's favorite was the flute. |
 |
| Corbin took on sledding this year in full force. I think this smile lasted the whole time! Mike refused to carry him back up the hill. He was one tired kiddo after sledding. |
Christmas Eve at home...
 |
| Wes's Mom found a pattern for the stockings that everyone (cousins, aunts, uncles, mom, sister) in my family has. I've always wanted to have one made for both Mike & Corbin, and this year my wish came true! I hope she's willing to make 1 more for Baby Boy! |
 |
| Our tree happy and bursting with presents. Corbin decorated the bottom portion. |
 |
| On Christmas Eve, Mom and Corbin had a little sing-a-long to none other than the Chipmunks. |
Christmas Day...
 |
| The discovery of the presents Santa brought. |
 |
| The saw he asked Santa for. |
 |
| Corbin also got a camera for Christmas. He's been taking pictures of everything since then, including me taking a picture of him. It's been so fun to see the world through his perspective with these pictures. |
 |
| Felicity and Will put on a dance show for us at Grandma Great's. So, Corbin and Ainsley of course had to show off their dancing skills. Think he's the next Fred Astaire? |
Corbin is still singing Christmas Carols around the house; the favorites being anything by the Chipmunks. It warms my heart everytime he sings.
To think there's more to come is amazing to me. A couple year's ago we decided to celebrate Christmas with Peg, Wes & the girls and my Mom on New Year's Day. With so many different family units to juggle, it's refreshing to be able to put one off. More to come......
No comments:
Post a Comment