This post should really be three or four separate posts, but since the last week feels like one big blur, I guess the blog post should indicate the same. I thought about not posting it, but I want this blog to capture our lives as we live it, not just the celebrations and outings.
Last week started out semi-normal: Mike was working long hours, so I was playing super working single mom. It's a job that reminds me that "true single moms" have the hardest job in the world.
The Good. Tuesday evening, I get a meeting invite from our department admin for a one on one meeting with our SVP of Marketing the next day. Never a good sign. But, it turns out everyone in my department had one. He decided to re-org the department. One person got let go, but me and my boss both got promotions.
That night while toasting the accomplishment, we heard Corbin talking in his bed way longer than normal, but figured since he was happy to let it ride. When I checked on him before going to bed, his binky was in the middle of the room and he was fast asleep. So, I did what any Mom would do, and hid it. He's only asked for it a couple times since, and is content with the fact that it's "lost." I know, I mentioned in the last post that we were going to take it away that week, but it ended up being a long week and a good night's sleep sounded really good, so we pushed it out. Sometimes, procrastination pays.
The Bad. Thusday night, I got really, really, really bad cramping when we went to bed. To make a very long story short, after 1 appointment with my regular Dr., 1 trip to the Urgent Care, a trip to the ER, an appointment with a Gastroenternologist, and 18 vials of blood drawn in the last 3 days, it appears as if I have gallstones. I will have an MRI at some point this week to know for sure, but it's very likely.
More to come......
1 comment:
Congrats on the promotion. Very exciting! :)
Bummer about the health concerns. My thoughts are with you guys. :(
Post a Comment