Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Settled

We finally made it.  Made it to this place we're going to call "home" for at least the next 20 years.  Seems a bit odd to say that by the time we think about moving again, we'll likely be thinking about the empty nester stage of our life.  But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

On Saturday, Eric, Bonnie, Justin, Chris, Wes and Will met up with us at the rental house and Operation POD Unload began.  It only took a few hours, but our bodies are still reminding us just how out of shape we really are.  Mike and I each took a couple days off to get settled.  But, that didn't happen. 

Unfortunately, Saturday ended with a trip to the ER with my Mom, with what we thought was a stroke.  Pretty scary, as I was on the phone with her at the time blissfully sipping a nice glass of wine and thanking her for chasing Corbin all day long.  After my first ever call to 911 and a frantic call to a family friend that lives only 5 minutes from Mom's, Peg and I hopped in the car to head to the hospital, and returned home at about 1:30 am.  Thankfully all tests have come back clean, there's no damage, and the likely cause was extremely high blood pressure. 

On Monday, we took Corbin to day care and hit the ground running unpacking boxes.  But, we got the call from day care that he was sick.  They thought he had pink eye, when in fact he had an ear infection. I should say, he has the same ear infection he had a while back.  The Dr. doesn't think it healed completely.  So rather than having the 2 full days sans Corbin to get settled, we had about 3/4 of a day.

I didn't capture any pictures of the actual move, but here are some before and after shots.
Corbin didn't like getting in the box, he liked getting on them.

Bubbles are always a hit.

Finally relaxing in the new house with the stereo set up.  Did anyway not think that would be the first thing he did?

No comments: