Last Monday night, Corbin didn't sleep. While it's pretty abnormal, we didn't think too much of it since he had been fighting a cold. To make a long story short, Tuesday I left for a business trip, and while I was there, Mike got the call from day care that Corbin had a fever and they couldn't keep him awake. Mike took him to the Dr., to find out that he had an ear infection that had gone to his lungs. I'm not sure who felt worse---Corbin because he was truly sick, or Me, because not only was I feeling guilty for leaving town, I had just left my very sick baby. The secret option 3 for feeling bad was Mike who was now single parent to a sick kiddo, was dealing with my seemingly non-stop phone calls of "did you try" and "don't forget." An action that eventually led to Mike telling me, "I need to get off the phone so I can be a Dad." Point taken. To make matters worse, the next morning was the inspection of our new house, and since Corbin was still too sick for school, he had to come along with Mike. The good news is about 2 or 3 days later, Corbin was quickly becoming himself again and all is well.
For all of this, I thank you Mikie! You deserve the Daddy of the Week award.
No comments:
Post a Comment