Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Family Friends, Girlfriends and Haircuts

This weekend, I had the joy of going out with just the girls on both Friday and Saturday.  Thanks Mike for hanging with Corbin each evening!  Friday was our usual Working Moms group dinner.  We headed to our usual spot, Brix, and chatted it up.  While we like to think it's our time for girl talk, it's really our time for Mommy Talk where it's perfectly acceptable (and expected) to talk about our kids 100% of the time.  It's a great way to learn tips and tricks to make life as a working mom a little easier.

Saturday started off with an excellent brunch with Gary, Emily, Kevin Sterling and the girls.  It was great to be able to catch up with them after the holidays and also see Kevin before he headed back up to the Islands.  I then headed back out on the town to celebrate Wendy's birthday. It was fun to catch up with the girls, and also watch a movie.  I hadn't been to a theater since before I was pregnant.  We saw "Up in the Air" starring George Clooney.  Good flick, not so good ending. Apparently Corbin and Daddy also watched a movie, "Cars".  He's grooming him to be a car fanatic already!

Today, Corbin got his first haircut.  Mike has been wanting his hair cut for about a month, but I just couldn't bring myself have his first haircut.  After all, that means he's not a baby anymore.  But, I had to admit his cute little curls were getting a little out of hand and just looked a little frizzy. 

Before...



After...

No comments: