Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

This weekend, as I celebrated my first Mother's Day I realized how lucky I am. I'm so fortunate to have such a great family, and a son that brightens my day every time I look at him. Hearing him giggle can put everything else in life into perspective and I can't help but smile. Looking tback on the last 9 months, There are things that seem like yesterday and forever ago all at the same time:
  • hearing his first laugh (and laughing with him)
  • hearing him say "ma ma" and "da da"
  • getting peed on time and time again until I figured out the tricks of the trade
  • Watching Mike hold him for the first time
  • bouncing on a ball with him until I couldn't bounce anymore
  • listening to him cry for hours until we figured out he has lactose sensitivity
  • wondering if he was ever going to play on the floor so I could eat dinner with 2 hands

Looking ahead, I can't wait to watch Corbin continue to learn and explore this great world.

No comments: