At work, we launched a web app that helps users keep track of the wines they enjoy and learn what varietals match with certain food types, called My Chateau. It's a pretty cool app that is getting a lot of good buzz, and was recently featured on the local news station. Because I was the key marketing contact for the development of the program, our PR person wanted me to be the spokesperson. We filmed it about 2 weeks ago--the same week Swine Flu broke out locally. Since it hadn't run, I figured I was home free and it wasn't going to air. Much to my surprise, as I was eating breakfast yesterday, there I was on the morning news. A longer version of it then aired during the evening news, the 11:00 news, this morning's news, and this afternoon's news. Phew....
For those blog readers that are out of state and missed it, here's the link to the video: http://www.komonews.com/news/45027487.html?video=pop&t=a there's also a written version of the interview here http://www.komonews.com/news/45027487.html
If you're a wine enthusiast, try it out. It's a pretty cool app that enables you to log wines you've enjoyed from your iPhone, blackberry or Windows Mobile phone or on your computer. You'll always remember "that one wine you had at dinner" without actually having to remember it. Check it out at http://www.ste-michelle.com/mychateau.
No comments:
Post a Comment