Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh what a day!



We all knew when we woke up today that it was going to be a day like no other. As I was giving Corbin his morning bottle, I was watching the Today show and explaining to him what was happening. Although he listened intently like a good son, he didn't seem to care. I got a little teary when talking to him about it, thinking about what a different world he will grow up in.

Once I got to work, some co-workers and I were discussing where we could President Obama's Inauguration ceremony. Realizing that there were no TVs at the Chateau, 5 of my co-workers and I piled in to 1 car, (for those safety minded people, no, there weren't enough seat belts to go around) and came to our house to watch it, since it's so close to work. We just couldn't miss such a historic event.
Then this afternoon, I got a call from day care that Corbin had a fever. It wasn't high enough to be sent home, but since this is his first fever and I didn't have any meetings this afternoon, I decided to pick him up and work from home We went to the Dr., just to confirm there was no infection.

No comments: