Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to work :(

Last Monday, I went back to work. It was the longest, slowest but yet most hectic week. On Monday I was only physically at work..my mind was still on the Booga Man. Leaving him got easier as the week went on, and visiting him at luncthime definitely made the days easier. Corbin got into the groove around Wednesday, although Monday and Tuesday he neither ate nor slept while at daycare. So, in the evenings, we had a very hungry, very sleepy little boy. So tired, that on Monday he fell asleep in between bites of cereal in his feeding station. I did get a picture, but it's in the camera, which is upstairs, and I'm feeling a bit lazy right now. So I settled for this picture of the Booga Man snoozin'.

While it only took him 2-3 days to settle in, I can't exactly say I'm settled yet. But, thankfully there are a group of moms from our Parent Baby class that I still keep in touch with and they all when back to work last week too. We're all feeling the same things..excitement, guilt, renewal, sadness. The biggest emotion was questioning whether or not I'd made the right decision. But, once I saw Corbin laughing with his teacher at day care and flirting (yes, flirting) with another baby in class, I knew he was happy. Knowing he was happy made me more comfortable, that's for sure.

On a happier note, we went to Grandma Great's house today to celebrate Uncle Mark's 60th Birthday. Corbin had not met him yet, so it was great to introduce them. I forgot my camera, so unfortunately the excitement of having dinner with 14 of our closest family members doesn't get a picture on the blog.

No comments: