Our Family

Our Family

Monday, March 23, 2020

We're back.

Suspend, a game that has passed the time.
It's been 2 years since I wrote a post on this blog.  I'd like to say that is because nothing has been going on, but that would a lie.  Two boys, both in activities, navigating their social calendars, and work has left no time for the blog. 

That is until 2 weeks ago when life as we know it came to a screeching halt due to the spread of COVID 19.  I've been encouraging the boys to keep a journal during this time, and I think Corbin has here and there, and Garrett would rather write stories about monsters farting.  I then realized that since I have more time on my hands (more on that later), I should also start blogging again during this crazy global Pandemic we are living through.  So, here goes nothing.

A bit of a catch up, which will likely be boring for you readers, but is really for me as I look back on this time and remember all of the nuances I am sure to forget when I get excited that life is back to normal.

In early February, I started a new job at Sono Bello as their Brand Director.  My job is to diversify their paid media spend away from TV and in to the digital media space.  Fun, right??  Well, it was until last week when because of COVID 19, Sono Bello had to pause operations.  We use over 10,000 masks, gowns, and surgical gloves each month.  These supplies are so scarce, pausing operations was our only choice.  This means I am furloughed until at least April 27.  I have very mixed emotions about this.  I mean, I was just starting to figure everything out!   But, having the kids home from school (for 6 weeks, mind you) while Mike and I were also working from home was organized chaos with all of us on the brink of a breakdown.  So, at least I can do projects with the boys while Mike works, relatively uninterrupted. 

So far - we're only 1 week in - the boys are doing fine, and enjoying not going to school.  Garrett is diligently working on Scratch coding each morning, and Corbin has adapted to a lazier life quite well.  He is sleeping in until 9:30 each day, and then reading in bed until basically lunch time.  I'm a bit jealous of his mornings, if I'm being totally honest.  They have spent most of their time in the trail/greenbelt by our house building forts out of sticks and brush.  That's better than home school, in my book.

We are getting used to social distancing, and thankful for neighbors that allow for us to engage with other humans, while respecting our 6' personal bubble. 

No comments: