Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A letter to Corbin, the 6 year old.

Dear Corbin

We've made it.  You are 6 years old. You are becoming a kind, determined (some may say stubborn), tender hearted kid and have had a big year. You grew 3" in 3 months, played (and finished) tee ball, learned to swim, learned to ride a 2 wheeled bike, and just 2 days in to being 6 you got your first loose tooth.  Another first is your got to stay in MT with Bubbie and Grandpa for a few days without mom and dad. 

Garrett is lucky to have you as a big brother. You protect him, teach him and sometimes try to be his parent.  The silver lining is I now know you are listening to what I say. 

In just 3 short weeks you start kindergarten and are more than ready, though I am not sure you are ready to be part from Ainsley.  

We don't hear as many funny phrases, but we do get asked so many great questions. I hope you never stop asking questions. You've asked everything from "what is the difference between a engineer and a architect?  Don't they both design things?" to "how did they build the first took when there were no tools to build it with?"

No comments: