Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 25, 2012

Teenie Tennis

All geared up!

So focused...

One of several "drills" they did.  This one was called Rocket Ship
This morning, Corbin had his first day of any organized sport.  He's been asking to play tennis for a while now, since we see the Jr. High kids out on the tennis court every morning on the way to day care.  I initially thought finding a tennis camp/class for 3-4 year olds was a long shot.  But, cruising through our local parks and rec pamphlet I discovered a perfect class for him.  Usually these pamphlets just frustrate me since all of the fun classes for the under 5 crowd are in the mid-morning during the work week.  Not ideal for a working mom.  Since I'm still on maternity leave, I thought I would take advantage of my schedule flexibility and sign him up.

He LOVED it, and was quite good.  I only wish he would listen to me as well as he listened to Coach Amanda.  It's a week long camp and I hope he learns some good skills along the way.  If nothing else, it gets a little more of his energy out. 

1 comment:

Natalie Naomi said...

Looks like he had a great time! Glad timing worked out for you all to go.