For about 2 weeks, Garrett showed all of the typical signs of a baby with reflux. Having been through it before with Corbin, it seemed all to familiar. However, I think I was in denial that I had another kiddo suffering with reflux, so I tried to tough it out and chalked it up to the 6-week fussy phase. Yesterday, I finally broke down and called the nurses line to describe his symptoms to see if they thought this was within the "normal range" of if they thought he should be seen for reflux. They agreed and we saw the pediatrician yesterday. She walked in and asked if he was crying in the waiting room. When I said, "yes" she was certain he has reflux. Yes, all babies spit up, but poor Garrett was crying every time it happened and it would wake him about 90% of the time making for one unhappy, tired and cranky baby.
We won't know if the baby Zantac is working until Sunday, since it takes a couple days. However, this morning he's been the happiest he's been in weeks. Fingers are crossed....
 |
| Our happy guy we hope to see more of. |
 |
| Our poor kiddo we see (and hear!) most often. |
No comments:
Post a Comment