Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A date with Corbin

Since Garrett joined our family, my one on one time with Corbin has been greatly reduced.  While his behavior is beginning to get back on track (for the most part anyway), I still hadn't done a Corbin/Mommy date as I'd promised.  So, last Friday was the day.  I picked Corbin up from school early and we headed out to the "Big Red Robin" aka Red Robin for lunch.  During lunch he kept shouting, "Happy Mother's Day!"  It was adorable. 

After lunch, we headed over to the local Fire Department for a tour.  We met up with Fireman George who showed Corbin everything from the bathrooms (a favorite of Corbin's) to their bedrooms to the Fire Engine.  Corbin even got to turn on the lights of the engine by standing on the dirver's seat.  While we were there, the ambulance got a call so he got to see first hand how they load up and take up with lights and sirens going.  I haven't witnessed Corbin so speechless in a long time. :)

Turning on the lights.


Watching the ambulance leave...


1 comment:

Natalie Naomi said...

Super Sweet! Hope you guys are doing well. Let me know if I can help you anything, including a 2 month photo shoot. :)

Chat soon!