Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Milestone of sorts

Today, Corbin took his nap at daycare without his binky.  He didn't even ask for it.  For those without a child that LOVES his binky, this is not a milestone, but for those parents out there that have dreaded the weaning from the binky it's a milestone.  The best news is it happened on accident.  I realize that 1 nap is not a trend and he is sleeping blissfully right now binky in mouth.  But, it's one more nap than he's even taken without his binky.  I also think I'm likely jinxing it by posting this.  Weaning from the binky, at least at nap time isn't supposed to be that easy. 

2 comments:

KATIE RUSSELL said...

Kirsten, we took the binky away last week. After talking about it for a few days with Peyton, we all agreed that big boys don't need a binky. We prepared for the worst, but Peyton adapted remarkably well. After looking for his binky on the first night "the binky ferry" came and took it, and crying (hard) for about 15 seconds, Peyton laid down in his crib quietly. It took him a while to fall asleep, but he did it on his own and slept through the night. He's skipped a few naps, but has put himself to sleep and slept through every night since! We couldn't believe it. He has been a bit more aggressive and out of sorts, has even asked for his binky a few times, then reminds himself that "binky all gone." Every kid is different, but since Corbin slept without his binky for his nap, maybe he's more ready than you think. Good luck!!

Beyondpeasncarrots said...

So funny that you posted that.. we are going through the same thing, and some days she says (proudly), "momma I'm all done with binky" and then we make it a day and then back to screaming and crying for it.. I guess we have to remember that they won't be 17 with one - or at least I hope so :)