With a 3 day weekend and not too many plans, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to take Corbin Strawberry Picking. My friend
Natalie recommended this farm out in Carnation and it was perfect. Lots of strawberries and not too many people. Since we're nearing the end of the strawberry season, I wasn't sure what to expect. The good side of this, is there were so many very ripe strawberries that we only got 1 or 2 unripe berries in our tray (thank you, Corbin).
At first, Corbin was a lot more interested in the rocks on the ground than the berries, but he quickly got into it once I showed him how to pick them, and eat them too. Once he figured it out, he did a great job of putting most of the berries in the tray and kept saying, "Mommy one more!" all the way through the farm.
Mmmm, good!
The midway point - not nearly as messy as I thought he was going to be.
Corbin found the only mud puddle and couldn't resist stomping in it. And stomping and stomping until all of the water had splashed out. His shoes are still outside waiting to be cleaned.Mmmm, strawberry shortcake for dessert!
No comments:
Post a Comment