Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hodge Podge Weekend

This weekend has been busy, fun and productive. A lot of great activities, but the only pictures are of Corbin. & the garage remodel. Is anybody really surprised by this? I think not. Here's a not-so-quick recap:

  • Saturday morning we went over to Gary & Emily's and had brunch with the Sterling clan. It was Nora's official first birthday so we felt extra special starting the day with her. Brunch was something we did quite often when we lived with Clyde & Sherry, and something we definitely miss and enjoyed doing again. It was great to catch up on all of thier house projects including watching the exterior of thier house change color while we were eating. Corbin and Claire played together like old friends, and Corbin was very sweet with Nora, showering her with hugs and kisses, and making sure she always had her binky.
  • On Friday I picked up Corbin a new wiffle bat and ball. He loves playing with any ball in sight, so I thought we would take his ball playing skills to a whole new level. Saturday was such a beautiful day, we had to go try it out. He didn't need any coaching -- he walked right out into the backyard, threw the ball up in the air, swung the bat and hit the ball on the first try. Both Mike & I were impressed (yes, we're totally, 110% biased). Daddy quickly got appointed Pitcher, Mommy the Catcher. That sums up the afternoon. A video is posted below. [the best part of the video is the first 20 or so seconds - I couldn't figure out how to cut it]
  • I then had the great fortune of having a girls night out at Ashlie's new condo in Downtown Seattle with Natalie, Wendy, Ashlie & Wendy's 4 month old daughter Julia. It was the 2nd time this week I've had the opportunity to hang out with these fellow Pi Phis. Great food, great friends and great fun!




While Corbin & I were playing and running errands today, Mike was busy at work in the garage. I'd say we're about 1/2 way done. The cables are run, subpanel is installed and all of the 220 outlets are wired. Although, no woodworking tools have been turned on yet--Mike still needs to finish installing the insulation, do the drywall & paint. Today's milestone: the insulation in the attic is now done. Mike insisted I post this picture for all of the men blog readers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not biased to Corbin and that is pretty darn impressive.

My 6 year old nephew would probably have trouble doing that. But he's horrible at all sports.

But still, I think you might have a future baseball player on your hands!

Swelliotts said...

Mike and I are hoping he's a famous (and rich) baseball player by the time he's 23 so he can support us very nicely.

And, I'm still wondering how many men blog readers we really have. :)