Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Perfect Mother's Day


To celebrate Mother's Day, Mike and Corbin set out to go get me a cinnamon roll from the local bakery and a latte from Peet's Coffee.  Not only was I going to get a fantastic breakfast that required no work on my part, I was also going to have a nice quiet house on a Sunday morning.   Sounds heavenly, right?  While they were running around Redmond trying to find said cinnamon roll (both the bakery and Great Harvest were closed), I found myself lonely and wishing they would get home soon.  Isn't that the way it goes?

That afternoon, we finally got the chance to meet Hailey Racquel Long, our friends Genevieve & Justin's new baby girl.  At just 3 weeks old, she was so precious, snuggly and little.  I found myself wondering if Corbin was ever that tiny.  We were honored to share part of G's first Mother's Day with her.

Top cap off the day, we headed to our favorite Indian restaurant in Tacoma, Gateway to India.  We hadn't been there for at least a year, and the food is even better than we remember.  Even Corbin loved the curried lentil soup and the Chicken Masala.  He kept asking for more and saying, "it's good". 

All in all, a great day spent playing and laughing with my boys that made me feel very lucky.

No comments: