Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Swimming Time

Today was Corbin's first swimming lesson.  Unfortunately, Mike woke up this morning feeling like he had the flu, so had to skip the main event.  I had to admit, with the news that Mike wasn't going, I did think about just starting next week.  The thought of getting both of us dried off and dressed in a rather controlled manner in a locker-room was a bit daunting.  When I asked Mike for any brilliant parenting ideas, assuming 2 brains were better than 1, even if one was under the weather, he said, "Peg & Wes will be there to help."  The illness must've hit him, because he'd forgotten that they were already man on man with both girls taking the same class as Corbin.  Much to my delight, they don't have locker-rooms, they have 4 or 5 family bathrooms instead.  All the mommy-readers of this blog just had the same thought I did when I got there: "Brilliant!!"  I was going to be able to get both of us dressed afterall without being "that mom" who has a toddler runing through a lockerroom while I chase him naked. 

I digress....Corbin liked the swimming lesson.  At first he LOVED it, but then when his chin got wet, he wasn't so sure about it and started crying.  Luckily, he got over that rather quickly.  Then when we went to the very shallow part where he could stand, he was thrilled.  He loved the jumping, the walking in water, and the ability to make very, very big splashes. 

Due to the fact Mike couldn't go, we don't have any pictures.  I brought the camera just in case I found that magical third hand that every mom dreams about.  We'll catch 'em next week for sure. 

1 comment:

KATIE RUSSELL said...

Fun! We did swim lessons about a year ago. I think it's about time we did it again. Peyton loved the water and I don't want him to forget his love and develop a fear. Happy swimming!