Our Family

Our Family

Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh Mylanta!

Corbin after Mylanta hanging out with my Mom


Who knew 3 months ago that we would celebrate a dirty diaper!? Let me back up a bit. What does any good mom do when thier kid is constipated? That's right...blog about it. He'll thank me in a couple years with a nice bottle of wine, I'm sure.

Last Thursday, Corbin had his first dirty diaper after 13 days. Thinking the worst was behind us, we celebrated the poop and went on our marry way. Little did I know. On Wednesday night, the poor little guy tried so hard to poop, he turned purple for about a minute. Okay, so maybe it was only like 5 seconds, but to me, it felt like a minute. Thinking he's now "regular" I waited a couple minutes and went to go change a diaper. Much to my surprise, it was clean. While worried, I dismissed it. Then on Thursday morning, he wasn't eating much. For Corbin, this is a big deal...the kid loves his milk! Then, he did the same purple face thing with no production. I tried the "thermometer trick" but couldn't get it to work. So, off to the Dr. we went. The Dr. prescriped a dose of PediaLax suppository and a tsp. of Milk of Magnesia to get things moving. So, not wanting the effects to take place while I enjoy coffee with friends, I did the deal yesterday afternoon. Both packages said, "this product will produce a BM in 15 to 60 minutes." With that, we waited. Of course, as Murphy's Law would have it, Corbin got fussy and hungry. I had to hold this baby who had just recieved 2 laxatives. Great! My life is sooo exciting!!!!

Exactly 59 minutes later Corbin starts squeaking....the tell tale squeak. I immediately put him down on a towel. Success!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!