Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Corbin Patrick

While I joked that it would be cool if Corbin was born on 8/8/08, I didn't think it would actually happen. After all, that would be 3 weeks early. Corbin had another plan....I was heading back to work from lunch on Thursday and my water broke. Thank goodness I wasn't already at my office! Instead, I came home, met Mikie and we headed to Evergreen. Neither Mike nor I thought I was really in labor, since I wasn't having any contractions so we putzed around teh house for a while, packed some snacks, tidied the house a bit, etc. When we got to the hospital, the nurses were wondering what took us so long. 15 hours later, Corbin Patrick joined us at 5:08 am on 8/8/08. He was 6 lbs., 5 oz. and 19.5" long.



We took him home on Saturday, which was our 5th wedding anniversary. That was way better than the date we were going to go on! Next year, I think I'll shop for an anniversary gift instead of giving birth.



Here are some pics of our little man...








The crocheted outfit he came home in was made by Great Grandma Swieso. She made one for every grandkid and great grand kid. We got compliments on it all the way to the car.

He's already met his Grams Swieso, Grandma and Grandpa Elliott, Uncle Wes & Aunt Peg, and of course his cousins Sydney and Felicity, Jeana and Will, Grandma Sherry & Grandpa Clyde and his new best friends Bonnie, Eric, Justin & Genevieve. Great Grandma Swieso, Great Uncle John and Great Aunt Karen are coming on Thursday, so all family pics will be here soon.

No comments: