My goal was accomplished and I definitely got to know more kids and parents in our community. All of the parents were great and I would do it again. Wes (my bro-in-law) signed up as coach and Corbin had a tough time switching from "Uncle Wes" at t-ball to "Coach Wes" but he LOVED having both of us there and Ainsley on his team.
Season highlights:
- Spending time with Corbin without Mike or Garrett around. I could see him glow when he would catch me watching him play catch, hit, etc. At the last game, he really hustled to the ball while playing pitcher and at the end of the inning, I told him I like what he did. He pulled me close and said, "Mommy, I leaped and stretched to the ball. That's one of my tee ball moves." "He's got moves." I thought.
- Seeing Ainsley in a split second go from a shy girly girl to a powerful "take no prisoners" ball player. On more than one occasion she ran down people in her way that were standing on the base line (and not paying attention) while she was running. While it embarrassed her a bit, I was so proud she can transition so quickly. She also threw the ball excellently.
- Watching Corbin proudly play for the opposing team one game when they didn't have enough players. During that game, he had some of his best plays.
- Watching Corbin discover that he can bat both left handed and right handed. If he had his druthers, he would catch and throw with his right hand too.



Next up....soccer.
No comments:
Post a Comment