Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 15, 2013

Something is going right

Every once in a while I wonder if I have this whole parenting gig figured out. Then one of my children throw me for a loop and I realize I may never have it figured out. Just last week I read a quote on Facebook that said "behind every great kid is a mom that thinks she has totally screwed up." I have to admit I have felt like that more than once. For example, today I dropped both boys at day care knowing Garrett had a bit of a cold. I called day care and they said he sounded like a smoker he coughed. So I finished my meetings and then Took him to the dr. Just a cold right? Nope! Bronchitis (sp?). Basically this means a cold of his airway (he was wheezing pretty badly) and now he has an inhaler to use until this clears up. Totally screwing up! Usually it isn't this guilt ridden. Screwing up usually feels more like the punishment for whatever behavior was either too soft or too harsh.

Earlier this week day care asked each kid what they love in honor of valentines day. Corbin's answer was "flowers, myself, and pink hearts". My reaction? My kid loves himself! How awesome is that!? I guess mike and I are doing something right after all! I can only hope that he still loves himself when he is a teenager.

No comments: