Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Baby Giggles & 4 year old sillies

Now that I'm back at work, mornings are a bit crazy and evenings are crazier.  By the time dinner clean up comes around, I'm feeling a bit, well, crazed.  But, every now and then Corbin decides to make Garrett laugh.  He can make Garrett laugh better than anyone.  It is in those moments that the piles the dishes, the piles of laundry and the other chores that must be done before the night's end don't seem so overwhelming.  Tonight while cleaning up we had a couple of those moments. 




Corbin-ism:
Kirsten, "Corbin, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Corbin, "I am going to be a Daddy, because you have never been a Grandma, and you should be a Grandma."
Kirsten, "That's very sweet of you."
Corbin, "Yes, because when I grow up, I will be bigger than Daddy, because Daddies and bigger than Grandpas."
Kirsten, "Well, not all Daddies are bigger than Grandpas"
Corbin, "Yes they are, because Daddy is bigger than Grandpa and Uncle Wes is bigger than Ainsley's Papa."
Kirsten, "Good point and well played."

For the sake of my memory, I have to also post the following, which is technically a "Mike-ism" but we'll call it Garrett's first "Garrett-ism".
Setting: Mike was trying to get Corbin to just get in the bathtub and stop getting sidetracked/distracted/overall procrastinating. I was across the hall getting Garrett ready for bed.

Mike, "Corbin, you don't have to be so particular."
Kirsten, "Did Mike Elliott just tell someone to not be so particular?!"
Mike, "Yes"
At that moment, Garrett let out with a very well timed, "Ha-ha". 

No comments: